Saturday, June 23, 2012

National Pecan Sandies Day

June 23

This is the first time I have tried to make these and my first time eating them.. So who knows how this is going to turn out :/      hahaha


Well, here goes nothing..

WHAT YOU NEED-
1 cup of butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla (I used 2 teaspoons)
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans (I accidently forgot I was going to half the recipe so I only had 1 1/2 cups pecans)
1/2 cup sugar for decoration(I probably used 1 cup)


Preheat oven to 375

In a large bowl cream together butter and white sugar.(Keep scraping the bowl)


Cream in the powdered sugar


Mix in the vegetable oil until it looks like a cake batter


Beat in eggs, one at a time


Stir in vanilla

In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt


Mix into creamed mixture


Mix in pecans


Roll dough into 1 inch balls


And roll the balls in the 'decorating white sugar'

(I found it easiest to not care about the shape of the ball in the suagr mixture because the dough was so soft it kept flattening. I would kind of roll it just to cover it in sugar then, in one hand, roll it around to become round again)
(Also I would keep putting the mixture in the fridge to harden a bit)

Space out on cookie sheets


Bake for 10-12 minutes then cool on a wire rack


I like to always sift my powdered sugar so there isnt weird chunks or whatever.. hahaha
This is how WE sift

Get a larger bowl, the powdered sugar and a strainer.


Pour the sugar in the strainer over the bowl.



Keep shaking it back and fourth and all the sugar will fall through in little pieces.



ALSO
I could only find chopped pecans in smaller bags and since I needed more I just bought the bigger bag an decided to chop the pecans myslef. (It is cheaper this way and it takes all of 30 seconds to do it.)
Lay them out


Then cut.. hahahaha :)





After trying these cookies I am definitely not switching over from chocolate chip ;)


Maybe chocolate chips in these cookies? Or pecans in chocolate chip..? HMM

No comments:

Post a Comment