Saturday, June 16, 2012

crazy holidays and quick fudge

I am a huge fan of a random, crazy holidays. For example, today is National Fudge Day. How fun! I think the silly holidays help keep each day entertaining and not so boring. Doing something different every day is really exciting for kids, too.


EASY QUICK FUDGE

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter (cut into smaller pieces)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but definitely not for me)
(can't get the picture straight)                              
1. Place all ingredients in a large microwavable bowl.
















2.Microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute. Once melted stir in the nuts, if you are into that.
3. Pour into well-greased 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.
(I used a 7x5-inch glass dish)

WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY:
I would have cut the butter up smaller because the chocolate melted faster than the butter.

Do you have a good fudge recipe?
Do you have any 'family' holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment