Sunday, June 17, 2012

Eat Your Vegetables Day

YUM.

We should be eating veggies everyday, but today can be a day where your kids can choose the veggie for lunch/dinner or how the veggie you choose is cooked.

Sometimes I am pretty bad at posting pictures. And today is a perfect example.

My veggie for the day was romaine lettuce.
(In a Caesar salad)


(By the way I am not the biggest fan croutons.. they are too crunchy)
I also had one of those steam fresh bags with rice and mixed veggies. Great way to get your veggies, it is yummy, it is cheap, and it is fast.
But my favorite veggies that I would have made today if I had time would be
  • steamed green beans
  • steamed carrots
  • artichokes
  • steamed asparagus
If your kids 'don't like vegetables' there are recipes that you can hide veggies in.

Chop up bell peppers and throw them into a chicken quesadilla. :):)

What are your favorite vegetables?

No comments:

Post a Comment