Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dollar Day

august 8
Dollar Day

Today is the day in history that the dollar was created.

To celebrate today we are going to be finding a hidden dollar inside of blown up balloons and spending it on the ice cream man.

First I blew up some balloons. I had 9 left over from a party so I just used those.

Then I put 1 dollar in 2 balloons.

I got a push pin for my daughter to pop them.

I let her start popping them until she finds the dollars.

Next time I will put some confetti in some of the empty ones to keep the excitment up.

When she found the dollasr we waited for the ice cream man and got an ice cream. (We were going to get ice cream anyway and what else costs a dollar now a days hahaha)

 
 

A way to celebrate dollar day with older kids is to get a bunch of different coins and 1 dollar.

Try and make each coin group (quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies) equal a dollars. So 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickels, 100 pennies

Or if you have an older child that can do the math and the younger child learning how to count can help you count up to 4, 10, 20, 100


How else can we celebrate dollar day?

No comments:

Post a Comment